Quick & Easy Steak Quesadilla
Thank you! Your photograph has been submitted for approval.
|Preparation Time:||Cooking Time:||Ready In:|
|15 min||40 min||55 min|
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 1 medium sliced bell pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) package grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cooked steak
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Slice onion and bell peppers into strips. Grate cheese. Chop steak.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat melt half a teaspoon of butter and lay a tortilla shell flat on the bottom of the pan. Cover evenly with one fourth of the sliced onion and bell pepper, one ounce of chopped steak and two ounces of grated cheddar cheese. Top with another tortilla shell.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until bottom tortilla begins to lightly brown (you can peel an edge up with a fork to check), and then use a spatula to flip the quesadilla over and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 through 3 for remaining quesadillas. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and one tablespoon of salsa and cut into quarters. Serve hot, 2-3 quarters per serving.
TIP: This recipe works with any kind of meat. We often use it for leftover steak or roast beef, but it works equally well with pork, chicken, or even with no meat for a vegetarian quesadilla. Use whatever you have on hand.
TIP: Because these cook one at a time, you might want to serve them one at a time as they finish cooking, so that everyone gets to enjoy their quesadilla when it is hot and fresh.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only and may not be accurate. If you need reliable nutritional information please consult your doctor or registered dietician. If you see incorrect data, please report it.
- Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Nutrient information may be incomplete. Value based on available data.