Pan Fried Monte Cristo Sandwich
Thank you! Your photograph has been submitted for approval.
|Preparation Time:||Cooking Time:||Ready In:|
|5 min||15 min||20 min|
- 4 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices turkey meat
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Spread half the bread slices with mustard and mayo, and then alternate with slices of ham, cheese and turkey and then top with another piece of bread to form the sandwiches.
- Beat egg, milk, flour and salt in a bowl. Coat the sandwiches in this mixture on each side for only a brief second to prevent the bread from getting soggy.
- Brown the sandwiches on both sides on a greased pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Do not cook at high temperature or they will be overdone on the outside before the inside is hot enough. Dust sandwiches with a light sprinkle of powdered sugar and serve with a side of jam for dipping.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only and may not be accurate. If you need reliable nutritional information please consult your doctor or registered dietician. Ingredient information was missing for the following ingredients: bread, swiss cheese. These ingredients were not included in this nutrition label. If you see incorrect data, please report it.
- Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Nutrient information may be incomplete. Value based on available data.